- Remove barriers/delays to receiving LARCs. For example, do not require Pap test or negative STI results for asymptomatic patients prior to inserting LARCs.1
- Train staff on insertion/removal procedures for all LARCs (including assistive staff). Offer annual LARC update training.
- Arrange mentorship programs for clinic staff and provide mentoring for outside clinicians.1
- Encourage single-day insertion appointments.1,2
- Maintain an adequate supply of LARCs to ensure same-day availability and use of Paragard® as EC.1,2
- Train staff on diaphragm fitting. Offer Caya® as an alternative diaphragm that doesn’t require fitting.
- Stock and dispense spermicidal formulation appropriate for use with a diaphragm.